We're Frozen Mountain Software
, a global leader in flexible live video conferencing and streaming software solutions--we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most. We were awarded Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers in 2019 and we are featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family
(employees!) from flexible work hours, remote work days, tons of free food and snacks, and awesome company events are just the beginning. The teams themselves are high-impact, A-players
who are incredibly brilliant!
We are starting a new department to provide 24/7 specialized client support and we are looking for a Project Manager
to join this team. This department will be responsible for ensuring a wide variety of clients' events run smoothly - believe us when we say- there will never be a dull moment. What you will be doing:
- Facilitate the execution of customer projects by leading the Specialized Client Support team
- Daily communication in person or over the phone with customers, team members and all persons with a valued interested in the project
- Prioritizing and multitasking between multiple client issues and events on a daily basis
- Reporting to the VP of Professional Services - communicating project status and trouble-shooting project related risks and concerns
- Follow best practices for project management and delivery
- Provide support and monitor live client events on our Private Cloud system to ensure the events are successful
- Manage our Private Cloud systems for clients ensuring they are maintained and available for client events
- Provide an exceptional customer experience during calls, emails, chat, and customer escalations
- Participate in the creation of new processes and procedures
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to customers
- Help create and maintain relevant internal documentation
- Coach, manage, and develop the team
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions
- Be available to work in an 24x7 on-call environment with rotation
We're often asked, \"what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain?\" You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE!
(Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence) Is the FORCE
strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.The must-haves:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Two to three years experience in project management, or leading a development team
- Ability to gather and understand complex customer issues
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience in customer facing role
- Excellent team communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients
- Experience leading and mentoring developers and engineers
- Self-motivated, can work independently, problem solve like a boss
- Calm demeanor under pressure
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly
- A self-starter able to independently manage time for multiple projects
What's in it for you?
- Experience in technical support or customer service role
- Experience with IaC
- Experience in WebRTC (Real Time Communications) programming
- One or more industry recognized certifications (AWS, Kubernetes, Microsoft, etc)
- Experience with CI tools, Kubernetes and other cloud container tech
- Experience with Docker, CLI, Terraform, and HELM
- Experience with AWS - EC2 / VPCs - Security Groups / RDS (Postgres) Clusters / Elasticache (Redis) / Cloudwatch / Resource Groups / Route53 / SecretsManager - Serverless tech (Lambda)
- Experience with cloud monitoring tools (CloudWatch, DataDog, etc.)
- Network analysis skills, firewalls, routing, load balancing, and security
- Experience in enterprise-level work resolving Cloud & Infrastructure/OS issues
- Understanding of solution design/architecture principles
- Competitive salary and we're not just saying that! We compare our salaries to local averages to make sure that we stay ahead.
- Extended Health Benefits paid 100% by the company, RRSP matching up to 5%
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Free snack bars, fruits, veggies, specialty coffee and tea, and soft drinks in the office (and of course the Nespresso machine!)
- Regular employee events including monthly pub nights (currently virtual) and Pong Tournaments.
- Comfortable, ergonomic work spaces with top-notch hardware
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 50 employees, and 500 customers and 1000s of developers building with our product worldwide. Through technology and innovation, we inspire and enable development teams through industry leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers for Developers!
Frozen Mountain is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.