Project Manager Solution DeliveryRole Description
Reporting to the Director, Solution Delivery, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the projects they are assigned achieve their goals and objectives on time and within scope.Responsibilities
• Leads cross functional business-technology teams in achieving the goals and objectives of assigned projects.
• Employs Project delivery methodologies (Agile or Predictive) most appropriate to the domain of work.
• Applies project delivery control framework based on selected methodology for applicable scopes of work.
• Identifies and manages project stakeholders according to their relationship to the project; influence and persuade stakeholders on key project outcomes.
• Regularly communicates project plans/backlogs, status, risks, actions, issues, and decisions to Sponsors and Stakeholders.
• Identifies, manages, and leads to resolution all issues and risks on a project.
• Ensures effective team performance relating to scope definition, analysis, work planning, work assignment, testing, acceptance, and transition to operations.
• Manages project priorities, solution options, and constraints to meet project goals.
• Works with IS Leadership to coordinate cross teamwork priorities to meet delivery objectives.
• Ensures Inter-dependencies (between projects and with underlying systems) are identified, analyzed, and managed in project scope and work planning, to minimize delivery risk.
• Participates with IS Leadership in related project portfolio release planning; coordinates key delivery milestones and releases within flight initiatives to maximize the delivery of value to the organization.
• Effectively uses communication, collaboration, work planning and work management tools appropriate to the selected delivery methodology.
• Ensures all relevant project information is captured in appropriate repositories.Work Experience
• Minimum 5 years combined experience managing medium-sized business-technology projects for medium to large enterprises, within Retail, Transportation, Mining, or Fleet Services Industries.
• Minimum 5 years experience in IT, working in a Business Analyst, Project, Development, or Systems Operations capacity.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience managing projects via Predictive, Iterative, and Agile methods (i.e. Scrum, Kanban).
• Experience with planning tools, including schedule oriented (i.e. MS Project, Smartsheet) and scope oriented (i.e. Azure DevOps, Atlassian JIRA) frameworks.
• Proven ability to implement appropriate project management processes that include involvement of business, technical and vendor stakeholders• Ability to manage concurrent assignments, adapt to changing priorities, and constructively deal with stressful situation.
• Ability to build relationships, foster a positive project environment, and work well across functional areas.Education
• Post-secondary graduate with a degree or diploma in information systems, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Special Requirements
• Occasional travel to Kal Tire locations.
• Evening and occasional weekend work required.
• Must have own transportation and a valid BC driver's license.About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.