Project Manager / Senior Environmental Scientist or Engineer
We have been waiting for you!!!
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our vibrant and dedicated team in Vancouver, BC. You should have eight or more years of progressive experience primarily in BC CSR contaminated sites investigation and remediation combined with project management experience. You will primarily work on a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, and high profile remediation project that you will find both challenging and rewarding, as you continue to strengthen your technical and regulatory skills. You should enjoy being part of a close-knit team and appreciate the benefits that a large organization can bring, including career progression, access to vast technical expertise, having a dedicated mentor, being able to participate in employee resource groups, and more. A day in the life:
What You'll Bring To WSP
- You are a champion of Health & Safety initiatives, being an ambassador for our Zero Harm safety culture - this is always your top priority, as it is ours
- You stand with us in our promotion of Inclusion & Diversity, so that all of our colleagues feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work each day
- You are primarily leading a project-focused team in the delivery of a large contaminated sites project
- You are responsible for project scoping, budget control, planning, development of schedules, and coordination of resources
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, that you will leverage to empower your colleagues as well as maintaining and developing client, ENV regulator, and other stakeholder relationships
- You are responsible for preparing quality deliverables, overseeing data collection, compilation, interpretation, and reporting for phased environmental site assessments, remediation, and site monitoring
- You are well-supported by your colleagues from various disciplines and levels, helping you be successful in reaching your personal and project goals
- You are taking the next step in advancing your career!
- You have a positive and enthusiastic can-do attitude, and a willingness to both learn and share your knowledge
- You are self-motivated, willing to be flexible and nimble, and able to think outside the box
- You have at least a bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geoscience, Biology, or related discipline
- You have a relevant professional designation registered in BC such as a P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Ag., P.Chem., or an R.P.Bio. or able to obtain shortly and you are interested in pursuing your PMP and/or CSAP
- You have a minimum of eight years of experience in environmental consulting
- You have a good understanding of contaminated sites investigation methods and legislation, and are relied on by more junior personnel. Depending on the task, you may rely on more senior colleagues for guidance
- You are keen to be introduced to new computing programs, methodologies, and field equipment/techniques
- You have clear and demonstrated communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- You have a clean Driver's Abstract, and are willing to travel on occasion
Expected Salary (all locations): $84,200 - $143,100
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.