Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work - it's not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we've been named one of BC's Top 50 Employers
for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it's great to be part of the team:
Why our Kamloops office rocks
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The Project Manager is assigned to lead and successfully execute large scale, key strategic initiatives that are managed through the Program Management Office (PMO). The role will typically manage several cross-functional activities simultaneously and collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure timelines and goals are aligned. Standard project methodologies are followed using tools, methods and best practices as defined by the PMO. Key Accountabilities:
• Work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to create and manage the project plan including clearly defining and communicating project scope, deliverables, budget, and timelines
• Conducts risk assessment of factors facing the project and creates contingency plans.
• Implements project operating procedures including communication, documentation, quality and change control processes. Also monitors and analyzes planned versus actual project information for scope, schedule, budgets and resources.
• Coordinates dependencies amongst projects, including the coordination of team delivery, the resolution of conflicts, and negotiating to secure priority for project activities.
• Liaising with and managing vendors and contracts including change control and ensuring key deliverables and service levels are met.
• Provides an analysis of project statuses, risks and issues and communicating and/or escalating to Governance for issue resolution. Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
• The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a degree or a four year college diploma in technology.
• Five to seven years of recent experience managing complex, large scale, multi-year technology-based projects
• Formal project management training or certification such as PMP or PRINCE2. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience working with delivery teams using agile or waterfall methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc) Technical Requirements
• In depth knowledge of project management methodologies and tools including scope management, work breakdown structures and scheduling, risk assessment, decision tree analysis, etc.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate business requirements into functional scope and specifications and the ability to communicate complicated technical issues to technical, non-technical and Executive audiences.
• Ability to respond to a high volume of work with multiple concurrent tasks
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify potential risks and develop suitable mitigation strategies.
• The application of appropriate judgment and discretion in the resolution or escalation of project issues and recommendations to Governance.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with teams with competing priorities and deadlines
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and project management software Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established. Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada