IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Project Manager (P/T) to join our client in Victoria, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of project management to:
- Plan and execute workstreams within the project
- Manage stakeholders, resource utilization, and cross-project dependencies
- Ensure project team activities remain aligned with project objectives and timelines
- Monitor, track, and report on project progress, resourcing, risks, issues, and performance on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Manage the quality of project deliverables, and ensure they are approved according to the project’s governance framework
- Following project delivery guidelines – and as agreed with the project sponsor -- complete and maintain artifacts, including but not limited to a stakeholder assessment, charter, budget, governance framework, project communications plan, risk register and project plans
- Assess options for issue resolution, develop action plans and take corrective actions as needed
- Organize and facilitate cross-functional meetings with project team members and other stakeholders as required, document key decisions and action items
- Ensure solution design is aligned with architectural standards
- Ensure project develops a viable, approved operational support/sustainment model
- Support a smooth transition to operations that includes a post-implementation support period
- Work closely with procurement team on any procurement activities
Top Skills Required
- Project Management Professional, or equivalent, designation
- Minimum 7 years’ direct experience managing multiple and/or complex projects
- Experience within the finance/asset-management industry an asset
- Degree in business, computer science, or finance an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications, and presentation skills
- Flexible and client-service oriented
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.