As a nimble, technical, roll-up-your-sleeves Project Manager you will be a key member of Epicure’s IT team. You will work closely with product owners, external stakeholders, and internal team members to deliver projects of varying types to meet business objectives. Your experience will be valuable to assist other project managers in multiple business units. As a Scrum Master, you will coach Scrum team(s) in applying and optimizing Scrum best practices to maximize performance and efficiency. Using the values and practices of Scrum, you will ensure the Scrum process is used effectively and as intended, and as a facilitator, you will help your team to interact within and outside the team so it is fully functional and productive. You will be instrumental in removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings and working with the product owner(s) to maintain the product backlogs. This position balances competing priorities for project scope, resources, time, risk and quality, while supporting Epicure’s business now and into the future.
- Manage several large and small projects simultaneously and to balance competing priorities, with advanced project management skills and knowledge;
- recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice;
- manage multiple, large business and technology related projects for the organization;
- manage project deliverables, scope, expectations and coordinate project progress with sponsors and management;
- bridge across development teams (developers, product owners, QA) and project stakeholders;
- work cross-organizationally to achieve business goals;
- manage iterative plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters;
- lead our Scrum based development team by organizing and facilitating sprint and release planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, demos and other Scrum-related meetings as needed;
- assist team with making appropriate plans and commitments through story selection and task definition;
- facilitate discussion and conflict resolution; empower the teams to self-organize; improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible;
- guide team to adhere to agile based standards, tools and best practices and maintain process documentation;
- work across and coach multiple Scrum teams to coordinate efforts;
- operate IT development scaled-Scrum and other projects using tools such as RALLY and JIRA;
- track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress;
- collaborate closely with product owners as a key member of the IT team.
- Minimum 5+ years of project management experience including 2+ years of scrum experience in the IT project delivery function;
- demonstrated understanding and experience in project management best practices;
- strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively influence across all levels of the organization;
- ability to mentor and support a sustainable project management and continuous improvement culture throughout the organization;
- apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, organize and manage key initiative programs to maximize the benefits of investments.
Technical Competency requirements:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required;
- CSM ScrumMaster Certification preferred.
Nice to have:
- Participate or provide leadership in local PM practice group;
- experience using Earned Value project management techniques;
- knowledge of Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) methodologies and/or applications is an asset;
- ERP project management experience;
- experience in any of the following: direct selling, eCommerce, the food industry;
- experience in applying Scaled Agile Framework.
Posted: December 26, 2018
Closes: February 24, 2019