IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Project Manager – Infrastructure to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Lead the project team to successful project completion by mobilizing project resources, tailoring standard delivery methodology, preparing project gate reviews, and ensuring project readiness using creativity, flexibility, and an ability to manage time and priorities to support the achievement of business objectives throughout the company.
- Plan, direct, and report on IT projects or the IT aspect of business projects by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources, and status and creating documents such as project charter, project management plans and schedules, risks and issues logs, financial reports, and completion reports so that the projects are implemented as planned.
- Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using analytical thinking, coaching skills, negotiation skills, as well as presentation, facilitation, stakeholder management, and relationship building skills to fulfill BC Hydro’s business needs.
- Proactively progress project schedules, manage change, and escalate issues as needed by focusing on desired outcomes, modifying project plans when required, and seeking advice from the appropriate stakeholders to enable successful completion of projects safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
- Manage all aspects of project delivery including managing vendor teams to enable optimal technology awareness and use across the organization.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders through regular reporting and communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of project management practices and procedures and hands on experience in applying them to optimize project resources.
Top Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology, Business, Economics, related discipline, or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation or equivalent, an asset
- Experience in public sector or utilities, an asset
- Excellent working experience with systems and software development lifecycle and IT project management methodologies
- Primavera P6 skills, an asset
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.