Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
At Finning we're constantly working to improve our capabilities to serve our customers, employees, and our partners. We make bold strategic plans to continually transform our business!
Finning is the world's largest Caterpillar dealer, delivering unrivalled service to customers in mining, construction, power systems and forestry for over 80 years. We're proud of our legacy of providing the products and services that fuel our customers' businesses and drive our economies.
We are high performers and innovators, driven to add value to our customers and build and power the communities where we live and work, and look for people to join our team that will drive that evolution and mission with us.
The Project Manager 1 will initially play a key role in providing day to day support to our Senior Program Manager and then progress into owning end-to-end delivery of projects. Working collaboratively with various department staff, industry partners, and processes to understand the issues, determine root causes, implement solutions and ensure the change is sustained.
The ideal candidate is committed to taking the next step in their Project Management career and brings a minimum of 5 years' experience in either Project Manager, Senior Project Coordinator, Senior PMO Analyst roles or a mixture of the three. You will be initially filling an immediate need supporting a Senior Program Manager in the delivery of a strategic, high complexity project, and later progressing to owning end-to-end delivery of projects of increasing complexity with a focus on business improvement and change management.
If this role sounds in line with your expertise, we want to hear from you today!Job Description:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Project Management/Senior Project Coordinator/Senior PMO Analyst roles (or mixture of the three) with a focus on business improvement and change management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation an asset
- Agile certification (PSM, ACP, SAFe, etc.) an asset
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field
- Proficient in various programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Smartsheet, and Visio.
- Strong relationship management skills leveraging strength in both written and verbal communication
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to influence without authority
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and deliverables based on value of outcome and to provide structure and direction in times of ambiguity
- Can-do, solution-focused attitude a must
- Training and Knowledge in Process Improvement, Lean, Change Management, Quality Management, and/or Lean Methodologies is an asset
- Consulting experience is an asset
- Familiarity with the Caterpillar organization is an asset
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.