Job Description Summary
Are you a seasoned Project Manager looking to align yourself with an innovative purpose-driven organization that supports life science research? This is a unique opportunity to lead and coordinate all aspects of assigned projects for their designated portfolio team. In this role, you will ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan. You will communicate and liaise with all levels of staff and management, as well as with consultants, vendors and others as needed to facilitate consensus, consultation, negotiation and sharing of information.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes detailed project charter, plans, and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables
- Executes project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, on time and on budget
- Diagnoses and evaluates potential risks and issues throughout the project. Reports regularly to the PMO with regard to risks, and executes appropriate plans to contain them
- Work with stakeholders at all levels and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation and effective communication
- Bachelor's degree with 6-10 years of relevant experience or Master's with 4-8 years of experience or PhD with 2-5 years of experience
- Related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups required
- Strong knowledge of project management fundamentals (preferably PMP certified or equivalent)
- Experience communicating and influencing within a complex interdisciplinary environment
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.