Senior Project Manager
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
A new and exciting position has opened for a Project Manager to join a multi million-dollar distribution company. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to take the next step in your career and work in exciting and meaningful projects with the latest technologies. You will be joining an innovative and forward-thinking team and a company who are very in tune with sustainable business processes and work environment. This position provides outstanding benefits and a great work/life balance.
This company is leading the way in their field and is on the brink of further expansion. In order to reach its goals, the company requires strong, forward thinking leaders. The organisation continuously tops independent polls that recognise exceptional places to work. If you are looking for a stable company that values innovative thinking this role is perfect for you.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Projects, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing the analysis, planning, development, delivery and change management function for the lifecycle of a project. Other duties include but not limited to:
- Manages assigned resources; analyses, plans and develops deliverables and requirements including fiscal requirements, project schedules, projections, setting phases and deadlines and identifies resource requirements (both internal and external); tracks, monitors, adjusts and reallocates resources as required; presents alternatives for project prioritization (e.g. budgetary impact), identifies and reports on the achievement of benefits, savings and performance measures for projects.
- Chairs Project meetings; directs the development of the Project Charter, Project Management Plans; identifies, manages, and logs project issues and risks, etc.
- Manages business process development and changes for assigned projects.
- Manages people changes (organizational change management) for all assigned projects.
- Assists in orienting new project teams and, provides expert advice and guidance to individuals managing smaller projects (e.g. plans for definition phase and overall deliverables, internal processes, typical user versus systems responsibilities, documentation)
- Negotiates changes to plans with project sponsors; resolves scheduling conflicts; monitors the collection, translation and documenting of project user change requests; ensures internal and external communications, regular status reporting and the resolution of issues and/ or appropriate escalation; conducts post-implementation reviews and performance analyses.
- Manages all transitions from project development into production including performance testing to ensure all business specifications and requirements are met.
- Tracks and reports on integrated project plans, identifies intra-dependencies and impacts and advises on how to achieve objectives considering integrated project plans.
- Monitors project management standards and guidelines and identifies opportunities to improve overall processes.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma and/or Project Management Professional certification or equivalent certification
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience as a Project Manager, with demonstrable experience independently managing the full life cycle of complex and multi-faceted projects with:
- A significant business change component,
- A significant technology component,
- Requirements from multiple client/stakeholder groups
- Change management programs, and
- A revenue generating organization using transactional systems
- A requirement to present to and obtain buy-in from senior leadership teams
- Progressive experience as part of a project team, delivering projects of significant scope and impact across multiple business functions
- Knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMI- PMBOK)
- Familiarity with people and process Change Management principles and practices
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of IT systems and infrastructure
- Must be a strong team player and able to lead or participate on cross functional teams. This position requires strong interpersonal skills to ensure alignment of project deliverables with business and corporate goals
- Advanced collaboration skills to understand business drivers and goals to develop relevant program metrics and KPIs
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary $75,000 - $85,000 per annum
- 3 weeks of vacation plus 17 flex days
- Excellent Benefits: Extended Medical, Dental, Vision and Pension Plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: email@example.com quoting reference # 25183 or visit: http://www.impactrecruitment.ca/ to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Sean Moynihan at 6046898687 Ext: 253 for a confidential discussion.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019