Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet Project Management Team plays a vital role in mapping and coordinating our product development and brings forth the engineering efforts working in close collaboration with the hardware design teams. The team is now hiring and we have exciting opportunities being offered for candidates looking for a new challenge in their career and to work with a growing brand and most innovative Security Development enterprise.
You will be working with internal teams to define and refine new product specifications. You are responsible for coordinating with teams to design, develop and release new products into production and follow through with proactive and strategic actions that help achieve corporate growth objectives through innovative, persistent and conscientious efforts. This position incorporates different aspects of hardware development. The position offered here is unique in its wide spectrum of skills involved and is exciting in the actual realization of design concepts into manufactured products. We are looking for candidates with engineering background who have a strong interest in operations, management and manufacturing.
We are looking for hands-on people who understand the importance of details, who find personal satisfaction and sense of achievement in solving situational problems and overcoming schedule barriers and who hold in highest regard, professionalism and ethical integrity. Job Responsibilities:
• Successful release of new products that meet the PRD, on schedule and within budget.
• Successful assistance in realization of operations inventory requirement plan that helps achieve corporate revenue and business goals. • Successful instilments of proactive, strategic action plans that help minimize/eliminate existing and potential threats to corporate objectives
• Help in sourcing, quoting and procurement
• Follow SOPs while performing any tasks • Efficiently work on component data organization and lifecycle recording • Communicate with vendors on expediting tests and products • Map out and discuss specific plans and work on meeting deadlines on each assignment and continue to update on progress
and status until completion during the process Job Skills Required:
• Proven experience and ability in successful interface with various management levels internal and external engineers,
developers, component suppliers, contract manufacturers, logistic providers and customers. • Sourcing/ purchasing or similar experiences in a hi-tech company • Experience with project scheduling, budgeting, RFP, component sourcing/quoting and BOM cost analysis • Experience with engineering BOM and change order management • Knowledge in manufacturing processes especially in server system, PCBA and WiFi/AP related products • Experience and knowledge with inventory control and quality concept (transactions, IQC/OQA etc.) • Solid understanding of the supply chain • Experiences in HW design, HW manufacturing would be an asset • Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking and exceptional attention to details • Familiar with quoting, sourcing and purchasing working with vendors • Ability to finish tasks in a timely fashion and effectively • Able to respond to urgent tasks and follow up on rapid changes occurring in the process • Ability to recognize the long term goals to be achieved while working through the day to day tasks • Ability to understand, document and word communication with Engineers • Demonstrate enthusiasm at work, positive attitude towards assignments and ability to improve on receiving feedbacks • Ability to follow real life examples being provided • Be able to observe, learn and ask questions Educational Requirement:
• Able to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English • Bachelor's degree in engineering/applied science preferred
Management and Executive