Oct 5, 2021
Reporting to the RACE21™ Manager of Value Delivery, Ore Body Knowledge, the Project Geologist is responsible for collaborating with our digital team to deliver advanced analytics and other digital solutions to operational teams across our company, supporting our drive to utilise ore body knowledge in business decisions.
To be successful in this role we are looking for a geoscientist with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Someone who is a motivated self starter, organized, and able to prioritize contending demands. You must also have the ability to quickly learn sophisticated domains, such as advanced analytics or processing, although ideally you will bring experience in these areas.
This is an exciting and dynamic role acting as the interface between RACE21™ digital teams and our operational end users. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies being used in this industry for the first time. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate product owners, designers, developers, and data scientists to engage operational front line users to craft product features, ensuring solutions will solve a valuable business problem
- Translate end user feedback, during product development cycles, to ensure products meet business objectives and will be adopted by end users
- Cultivate collaboration between operations and digital product teams to define how success will be measured, and track performance of the solution
- Coordinate a comprehensive approach to deployment, identify changes, and lead implementation to ensure adoption of solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Sciences, Applied Sciences (Engineering), or equivalent
- Subject matter expertise or operational experience in a resource extraction domain, including geology, mine engineering, grade control/ore quality or processing and/or;
- Previous experience in data science, data engineering, or software engineering or deployment within the resource industry, and/or;
- Experience working on operational continuous improvement teams
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Engineer, Geology, Product Development, Software Engineer, Engineering, Research, Mining