Established national consultancy firm looking for an experienced civil design engineer (P.Eng) based Downtown
Your new company
Our client is an employee-owned company celebrating over 53 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. They have offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Surrey, Toronto, Vancouver, and Nanaimo. Our steady expansion in response to opportunities with some incredibly loyal and valued clients and industry partners is achieved because of visionary leadership, talented professionals, and dedicated employees.
As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists with their Vancouver, office for a Project Engineer. This is an integral position that requires a minimum of 6 years of design and project management experience. The Project Engineer performs the role of project lead and works independently on various projects as assigned.
Your new role
- Has overall technical and financial responsibility for a portfolio of private sector land development projects and or public sector projects;
- Effectively manage assigned projects through the municipal design approval process as the Engineer of Record for the project;
- Responsible for the fundamental aspects of project management of assigned projects including budget tracking and invoicing;
- Direct involvement with the detail design process, guidance of technical support staff as needed to ensure completion of the design objectives, approvals, and documents ready to be issued for construction;
- Exercise judgment on the appropriateness of engineering requirements identified by municipal jurisdictions;
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and municipal staff and make notes and records of the outcomes of these meetings for project record purposes;
- Meet project milestone events in accordance with client and municipal deadlines;
- Track project progress and obtain authorizations/approvals for changes in schedule/scope;
- Resolve more complex issues during both design and construction phases;
- Contract Administration and Management;
- Operate across a variety of functional levels related to assigned projects; and
- Provides mentorship and evaluation of junior staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 6 years of local experience in design of land development, residential or commercial projects;
- Registered as a P.Eng. within the province of work;
- Valid Driver's License;
- Ability to work simultaneously on several different projects;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients and provide support to team resources;
- Consistently able to produce accurate, high quality work;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrates a very thorough understanding of all aspects of the land development industry or municipal field and is a recognized expert in the industry;
- Extensive knowledge and experience dealing with technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals; and
- Extensive knowledge and experience dealing construction administration experience preferred.
What you'll get in return
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance - post covid hybrid office/remote
- Social and team-building events, including company golf tournaments
- Competitive salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.