West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for theeighth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us.
Quesnel River Pulp produces 1100 tonnes per day of thermo-mechanical and bleached thermo-mechanical pulp using a high yield mechanical pulping process. We take pride in our safety record, our environmental performance, the quality of our final product, and the skill and dedication of our employees. We constantly strive to be an industry leader. Our team has an opportunity for a:Project Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Superintendent, the Project Engineer will assist with front-end project engineering, project development, execution and implementation as well as engineering systems management. Emphasis is placed on the management of projects from inception to completion. Diligent management of project schedule, budget, and scope is essential to be successful in this position.
This role provides leadership and support to the business and may vary according to the requirements of the site, project involved and specific project team members. The duties include any or all the following:
- Assisting with the mechanical and process design, implementation, and development of detailed scopes of work, budgets, and schedules to support major projects
- Act as the lead with project construction, commissioning, and handover including documentation, as-builting, Stores and CCMS inventory adjustments
- Provide input into the design and optimization of equipment to maximize reliability and performance
- Project planning, execution, and supervision
- Understand and apply applicable external codes and standards (ie. TSBC, WSBC, ANSI, API, ASME, NFPA, etc.)
- Preparation and modification of 2D drawings using AutoCAD
- Use of the CCMS for workflow and cost management
- Contractor Management:
- Conducts daily morning Mill Site Hazard Assessment and performs safety observations (SOR’s) on Contractors and mill crews to ensure worker safety during project execution
- Supervises and coordinates contractors during project installation, rebuilds, shutdowns, and major maintenance projects
- Participates in the Project Delivery Process (PDP) to develop project packages for Capital &/or Major Maintenance expenditures.
- Provide occasional auxiliary support to Maintenance department for shutdowns, safety projects and other duties as assigned
- Assist in development of internal safety and project standards
- Develops drawing and information packages as required
- Minimum 3-5 years Capital/Major Maintenance experience demonstrated leadership ability and a willingness to affect change
- Mechanical Engineering Degree with P.Eng and currently registered or eligible for APEGBC or Technologist Diploma
- Strong communication skills, confident, persistent, diligent, and able to work independently to complete projects and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills with MS Office, AutoCAD and CMMS software (MAXIMO)
- A self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills coupled with a proactive approach flexible team-focused attitude willing to learn and take on new tasks, ask questions and engage others to find practical solutions
- Pulp mill or heavy industry experience
- Planning and large project management experience
- AutoCAD, Navis Works
- Microsoft SharePoint and Office
West Fraser offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply onlineby submitting their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications
in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs
and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
Internal applicants: Please login to yourUKGaccount (https://t11.ultipro.ca). In the Menu, select "My Company" and "View Opportunities" to view the position description and to submit your online application.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.