The Project Engineer, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) will conduct, contribute and assist in the preparation and delivery of various supportability engineering and product support analyses, plans and reports.
The Project Engineer, ILS reports to the Manager, ILS. Responsibilities
Education and Qualifications
- Review vendor documentation and identify maintenance and support requirements;
- Collect, organize and expedite the necessary technical data to conduct analysis activities such as Functional Analysis; Failures Modes, and Effects Analysis; Reliability Analysis; Repair Analysis; and Maintenance Task Analysis;
- Determine required critical spares for equipment by reviewing Technical Publications and interacting with Engineering, Material and Supply Personnel;
- Utilizing usage data and information from maintenance personnel, conduct analysis to eliminate or control failure as required, or propose enhancements to increase ship availability;
- Review and propose amendments to Maintenance Plans, Preventive or Corrective Maintenance Schedules, and Instructions and Performance Test;
- Conduct Lifecycle Cost Analysis and report Through-Life Costs;
- Assist in the preparation and execution of various plans;
- Attend Equipment Design Reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings, as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- An Engineering degree or Technologist diploma is required.
- Minimum 4 years experience in mechanical, electrical, computer, reliability engineering with considerable experience conducting Logistics Support Analysis for complex systems or equipment;
- Above average Microsoft Windows application experience, communications and interpersonal skills are required for this position;
- Previous experience working with application software such as OmegaPS, Eagle ELT, SLIC2B, PTC Windchill, Relex, and/or Analyzer will be considered an asset;
- Background in marine systems and equipment is desirable.
- Committed to a high standard of safety and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer's safety policies and rules.
- Technical knowledge and engineering skills and understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
- Above average analytical skills to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
- Strong technical writing skills including the ability to produce and present clear, detailed written technical specifications, procedures, and reports.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and listening skills.
- Knowledge of MRP, purchasing and management systems a plus.
- Working knowledge of approved ILS standard, such as JSP886, GEIA Standard or equivalent standard.
- Good organizational skills.
- Availability and willingness to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- PC proficiency required. Working knowledge of basic Microsoft Office 2010 software suite (Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted