POSITION: Project Engineer - Avionics
JOB TYPE: Permanent, full-time
REPORTS TO: DAO Manager
BUSINESS ADDRESS: Head office – Suite 210 – 1631 Dickson Avenue, Kelowna, BC, V1Y 0B5
LOCATION OF WORK: Suite 210 – 1631 Dickson Avenue, Kelowna, BC, V1Y 0B5
COMPANY NAME: SKYTRAC Systems Ltd.
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 - $90,000 per annum, based on 40 hours/week
VACATION: Two weeks paid vacation
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Medical benefits and eligibility for annual bonus
LANGUAGE OF WORK: English
Located in Kelowna and reporting to the DAO Manager, the Project Engineer - Avionics is responsible for the management and execution of technical projects related to the installation and integration of SKYTRAC products on customer aircraft. The projects executed include minor modifications to address aircraft installation issues, major changes to existing STCs to support new configurations and features, and the development of new STCs for new aircraft types or new SKYTRAC Systems products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
• Planning & coordination of the activities required for the installation of SKYTRAC products on customer aircraft
• Develop all necessary avionics design documentation including system architecture schematics, wiring diagrams, wire installation & routing drawings, ICA, flight manuals, etc.
• Develop all necessary avionics compliance documentation including, certification plans, system safety analysis, electrical load analysis equipment environmental qualification reports, etc.
• Travel as needed to participate in aircraft surveys, support installations & carryout test programs
• Conduct technical reviews of other engineers work to ensure designs and documents are complete, correct, conform to company & industry standards, as well as meet the requirements of the applicable aviation regulations
• Liaison with stakeholders (installers, operators, vendors, TCCA etc.) to ensure deliverables and schedules meet expectations and that changes, issues, and stakeholder concerns are properly communicated and addressed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Engineering Degree from an accredited University (Aerospace, Electrical or Electronics) or equivalent industry experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience leading and executing on STC projects
• Understanding of aerospace, avionics & electrical principles
• Understanding of TCCA, FAA and/or EASA aerospace regulation
• Proven capability to produce the complete avionics design package for STCs (wiring diagrams, routing drawings, test procedures etc.)
• Proven capability to produce the complete airworthiness documentation package for STCs (certification plan, compliance report, SSA, EMC test procedure, etc.)
• Demonstrated knowledge of project and product lifecycle
• Current standing or eligibility for Transport Canada delegation is an asset
• Current standing or eligibility for registration as a P.ENG under EGBC is an asset
• Current standing or eligibility for PMP Designation is an asset
• Flexibility to travel to meet project objectives
• Ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders, providing technical leadership
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proven technical and creative problem-solving skills
Position to remain open until filled.
#33 - PayPal - How to Grow Your Career & Savings Account
About SKYTRAC Systems Ltd.
SKYTRAC, an aerospace leader in satellite communications and intelligent connectivity, provides innovative technology solutions for the world’s largest aircraft and avionics manufacturers. Today,...Read More