The Digital Technology Supercluster is in search of an exceptional Project Director. As a tech start-up that is an industry-led innovation consortium, centered in Vancouver, BC they bring together small and medium-sized companies, post-secondary institutions, research, and non-profit organizations, enabling them to collaborate in ambitious technology projects, while co-investing and supporting them.
As a Project Director, you will guide project teams to successfully deliver on the expected outcomes of approved projects and help lead the project-related operations of the consortium. Reporting to the Vice President, Project Management and Implementation, the Director is responsible for the achievement of outcomes from a portfolio of complex projects across the company programs – Precision Health, Data Commons, Digital Twins and Capacity Building.
What You Will Be Doing
- Building and maintaining strong, positive relationships for the consortium across a broad base of organizations participating in projects;
- Providing oversight and guidance to project teams to successfully deliver on expected outcomes;
- Finalizing contracts for selected projects which establish the baseline project plan for co-investment by the company;
- Representing the company on project Steering Committees;
- Monitoring progress (financial and non-financial) of multi-year large scale projects including issue resolution, risk mitigation and change management;
- Facilitating resolution of issues and disputes with escalation as required;
- Ensuring project teams adopt and comply with the company policies and processes as required;
- Supporting the company’s efforts in cross-project collaboration and platform opportunities;
- Creating avenues for new/prospective organizations to participate in existing projects;
- Participating in the company´s internal and external events as required;
- Supporting the project selection process;
- Providing input into strategy for the program areas;
- Sharing learnings from project success and failure with the team;
- Supporting or evaluating Expressions of Interest and Full Project Proposals;
Working collaboratively with the company colleagues to:
- Coach, mentor and act as an escalation point for fellow project team members;
- Provide strategic perspectives on the overall health of each program portfolio;
- Manage member expectations, celebrate successes, resolve issues, mitigate risks and manage changes as they arise on projects;
- Support the development and delivery of the company’s business plan including regular reporting on project progress and outcomes, the health of the program portfolios and financial forecasting and resource planning;
- Develop and continuously improve the foundational portfolio management and project-related operational policies, processes and procedures while ensuring compliance with various agreements and adherence to corporate risk management, control and audit requirements;
- Other duties as required from time to time.
What you bring to the role:
As a proven leader with a passion for excellence and innovation, who is not afraid of doing both ground-level tactical work and as well as providing strategic support to project teams and the consortium´s leadership, the Project Director will personify the company’s culture and values that are the cornerstone of this collaborative initiative.
The Project Director must be a strong communicator, responsive to Members and Associates, operationally effective and well-organized, while exuding credibility and integrity that earns the ongoing trust of Member firms. To be successful you will have demonstrated the following:
- 10+ years of successful leadership and tactical experience in complex, fast-paced project-oriented environments preferably having worked in the private sector in a role that required a hands-on and collaborative approach;
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a business and/or technology discipline is required;
- Strong experience working with a broad set of stakeholders across multiple domains and complex environments;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a complex array of stakeholders. Garners trust and is “authentic” in who he/she is;
- Exceptional communication skills and a proven ability to manage difficult situations while preserving important relationships;
- Proven experience designing, deploying and using project portfolio management and related operational systems and processes (business analytics and dashboard reporting, customer portals, collaboration tools and other technology platforms);
- Project Management certification is desired (e.g. PMP, PgMP, PfMP);
- Change management certification is a strong asset.
Please apply early to be sure you are considered for this role. If you would like more information, please email us at email@example.com
Information Technology Non-profit