IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Project Cost Controller to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Work with Project Managers to understand upcoming purchases and provide status on purchase orders
- Maintain a log of purchases and service orders (upcoming or active)
- Create and maintain a record of payment status for purchases and service orders
- Create and maintain a document repository with all documents related to purchase orders and payment
- Participate in procurement meetings with Project Managers and Procurement leads
- Update Project Managers on PO progress, risks, issues
- Track requested Purchase Orders
- Monitor and verify that PO has been issued with correct details
- Track PO progress to verify:
- PO has been issued
- Vendor delivery dates
- Status of delivery
- Trace PO commitments and incurred costs to forecasted spend
- Verify that timing of procurement aligns with budget month/period
- Contact vendors as required to ensure purchases are on-track
- Analyze invoices to verify details are correct, confirm that incurred costs are reported correctly
- Report on project procurement forecasts vs actuals including status of open purchase orders
Top Skills Required
- 5 years in a similar role or equivalent experience.
- This is a new function in TDS and will require expertise in Excel, PowerBI, pivot tables, and basic analysis to establish the methods and processes required to collect and manage information used in this role.
- This role will be supported by TDS developers to create any databases, systems or integrations required.
- Project experience in complex environments, including cross-functional, international, or cross-organizational teams and stakeholders across multiple sites, including field operations, head office and regional offices.
- Experience with project procurement functions, cost controls, budgeting
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX or other ERP systems
- Excellent Excel skills
- PowerBI or other data visualization/BI tool experience is an asset
- Mining industry experience is an asset
- Excellent analytical capabilities, problem-solving abilities, and strong knowledge of cost reporting and budgeting techniques.
- Ability to work comfortably with a high degree of autonomy in an environment of fast paced change and a highly distributed team.
- Highly driven, effective, versatile and action-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (O365), SharePoint (Online), Visio, Teams.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.