Job Description Summary
The Project Coordinator within the Corporate Affairs Projects Team is responsible for recording, tracking and transmitting project information for all stages of multi-disciplinary corporate growth initiatives from initiation through closeout. Examples of corporate growth initiatives include new facilities, vertical integration projects and integration of acquisitions, amongst others.
This role will provide project administration support to the Project Manager ensuring successful project delivery using the company's project management framework, methodology and industry best practice, including management of standard project processes, such as procurement, risk, budget, and change as applicable.
Corporate projects are cross-functional by their nature. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting engagement with project stakeholders from across the organization, so the need for technical and industrial understanding is necessary.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with the Project Manager to define the project scope and resource requirements.
- Assist to ensure the approved project scope is delivered on time and within budget.
- Schedule and take minutes during project stakeholder meetings with relevant teams for each individual work-stream.
- Create and transmit project progress reports as needed (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly).
- Administer project documentation including the Project Plan, RACI Matrix, Risk Register, Action / Decision log, Change Requests etc.
- Adhere to STEMCELL's project management methodology throughout all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Work with the Project Manager (and departmental management as required) on an ongoing basis during projects to ensure appropriate resource availability.
- Coordinate engagement with subject matter experts from across the organization to ensure relevant project and design information is captured in project documentation and taken into account during the project lifecycle.
- Support project managers during cross-functional project team engagement.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
- BSc degree in life sciences or a related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Project coordination experience in the biotechnology / life sciences sector is an advantage.
- Experience in writing, editing and formatting project documentation including meeting agendas, meeting minutes, status reports and progress presentations.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with project team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team with outstanding organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a 'can do' attitude and has the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Excellent time management, planning & organizing skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Capacity to self-motivate.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive