Job Description Summary
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic Finance team and support the end to end process in the Project Accounting function? In this role you will be working on complex projects and supporting multiple clients and processes at Canada's largest biotech company. If you are an analytical thinker who loves to grow and develop while working in a multi-currency multi-entity environment, please contact us to discuss an opportunity to join our growing team.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Support project related month end close with minimum supervision
- Support day-to-day project accounting functions, investigate project variances and communicate with business stakeholders on the financial performance of projects
- Maintain project-related documentation and requirements and prepare all external reporting paperwork
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures as it relates to project accounting functions
- Assist Senior Project Accountant with continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree and professional designation (CPA or equivalent) is required
- 3-5 years of past project accounting experience, good understanding and application of GAAP (ASPE / IFRS) is an asset
- Experience working with an ERP system in multi-currency multi-entity environment preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and google sheets (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
- Effective communication (verbal and written)
- Effective teamwork and collaboration
- A system thinker with demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Passion for continuous learning and changes
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Banking, Finance and Insurance