Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 0M3
The Bill2Pay team is looking for a smart, talented programmer analyst / engineer with a strong technical background to continue building new functionality for our new invoicing platform. A global invoicing solution will enable B2B businesses at Amazon to deliver the same trusted experience expected by our customers. In order to meet the needs of Amazon's businesses, this next generation platform service must be configuration driven, self-service capable, and deliver operational excellence.
As a member of the Bill2Pay team, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize this invoicing platform. You will interface with many teams across Amazon including Amazon Supply, Amazon Web Services, Kindle, Marketplace Systems, Digital Systems, Financial Systems, Accounting and Operations. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter and fast learner with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
Salary Range: $80,000 to $107,000/yr, commensurate with experienceBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in related roles
- Solid experience in Java or C++
- Good understanding of distributed systems, workflow management systems
- Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
- Prior experience with building and supporting live high-volume transaction processing systems
- Familiarity with RDBMS
- XML and Web Service concepts
- Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All candidates must meet the above listed requirements
Software and Programming