***We are currently working remotely until approximately September 2021 as we look for new office space in Vancouver. After that point, we'll be working a hybrid of remote/in-office work and will be working with the candidate's needs and preferences. Agile Programme Management at BuildDirect
As a member of our Technology team at BuildDirect, you work with a multi-disciplinary group of bright and motivated people. You and your team operate autonomously to solve real customer problems with smart and innovative solutions, end to end. You work with teams including product architecture, implementation, deployment, and operations. You are empowered and accountable for its full life cycle. You will use modern software engineering approaches like agile and scrum, cloud deployment, continuous and iterative software delivery, and data-driven decision making.
You will be working with our candid and collaborative team, where your knowledge and advice about agile program management will be highly appreciated. Your frequent agile reporting and quick resolution on impediments affecting iteration progress will provide more predictability in the delivery of our sprints. You will capture the right Agile data to understand trends and produce meaningful insights and statistics
We are equally obsessed with hiring great colleagues as with building great software. Who are we looking for?
What we expect from you?
- An accomplished agile program manager and scrum master with a proven track record of implementing software to advance corporate goals and business strategies for technology companies.
- Ability to motivate teams to maximize productivity and agile efficiency, along with an exceptional grasp of software development and agile project management methodologies.
- Experience with a variety of web development and cloud technologies: AWS, Node.js, React Native, Lambda functions, Kubernetes, JIRA, iOS, Android, Google Analytics, Jenkins, Selenium, Github, Java/J2EE, Datawarehouses (Redshift, Snowflake), Oracle Netsuite.
- Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, automated testing and deployment pipeline QA through to production.
- Experience in program management of software projects for phones and tablets, and familiar with the newest technologies in the mobile world.
- Direct-to-customer or eCommerce domain experience preferred but not a must.
What could help us know you better?
- Facilitate the scrum-of-scrums, backlog owners (Product Managers) and Development Managers. Review agile metrics regularly with team members. Conduct daily standups and manage the Epic/Story/Tasks in JIRA.
- Serve as an escalation path for our North America and India based Technologies teams.
- Help champion the Agile transformation in the program. Work with Product Management to update the product roadmap.
- Ability to experiment the ideas using A/B testing tools and frameworks by working closely with the Product Managers.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency
- Ability to present progress work to the Executive and business stakeholders for review and feedback
- Proactively manage your own work queue, time and expectations, meet deadlines and communicate needs and trade-offs if your schedule is in jeopardy
- Manage ambiguity, work independently and collaboratively within the team, and switch rapidly between different projects in an agile environment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent certification
- Other program management and agile education: Certified Scrum Professional, Certified Scrum Master.
- We are currently working remotely while we look for new office space in Vancouver. We'll be working a hybrid of remote/in-office work in the future.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- Learning Fund, or the "Learn Something New" benefit - use it to learn anything, getting better every day means constantly learning.
- Stock options.
- Flexible work timings.
- Awesome culture that not just "let's you", but wants you to enjoy the journey.
Banking, Finance and Insurance