Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history! The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing in Pasadena, CA, is looking to hire a Program Manager to oversee the procurement and supply chain processes of complex experimental apparatus.
At the AWS CQC, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements including meditation scheduling, running group meet-ups, and a culture of sharing wellness tips.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Center for Quantum Computing. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs. You will work closely with quantum research scientists and have opportunities to learn about quantum computing technology and contribute to the development of scientific software for quantum computing at AWS.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering, Operations, or other field from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• 8+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience including vendor negotiations, global contract management, process improvement and supplier relationship management
• 8+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain, inventory management and operationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or Operations
• Familiarity with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, sourcing, optimization, logistics
• Experience in data centers, engineering, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company
• Strong track record of creative problem solving using lean principles, and the desire to create and build new processes.
• Experience measuring key operational metrics (e.g., order cycle time, ship estimate accuracy, on time and complete shipment, inventory record defect rate)
• Experience practicing best-in-class procurement processes (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
• Strong quantitative, financial and qualitative analytical skills paired with hands-on attitude, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment
• Experience developing tools, reports, process maps, scorecards, and data visualizations that improve upon those currently employed for understanding the business and making decisions
• Tableau or other data visualization tools
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Management and Executive