Program Manager, Identity and Access
Location: Remote (BC only), BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position. Job Summary:
The Program Manager, Identity & Access supports BCLC's CyberSecurity program and helps to protect BCLC's information assets by implementing a modern and secure identity & access management program. This role will lead the development and implementation of an enterprise identity & access management strategy and will support business operations by taking a lead role managing identity & access initiatives, supporting the organization as it adopts a zero trust security model. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Leads CyberSecurity initiatives as directed by the CyberSecurity program.
- Establishes and maintains enterprise-wide identity & access program (including strategies, policies, procedures, and operational & technical controls), to ensure customer and workforce identity management controls are effective, efficient and secure.
- Supports customer identity management coordinating with product teams to establish best-in-class controls for efficient and effective end-user authentication.
- Assesses identity & access risk and compliance, and oversees activities related to the protection of information guided by information classification, and critical services are protected against unauthorized / accidental alteration, loss, disclosure or destruction.
- Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge in identity & access field, including awareness and knowledge of new technology, trends, vulnerabilities, exploits and risks to information assets.
- Assesses, tests and implements enterprise-level software applications to manage identity & access, including coordination with product, technical and end-user teams.
- Balances tradeoffs in technical approaches to prioritize efficiency, scalability, customer experience, security, and auditability in identity & access program.
- Models leadership behaviors that support employee engagement, such as practicing meaningful recognition, inspiring a shared vision, communicating with employees regularly, coaching/mentoring, managing performance, and supporting culture and change management initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with internal service and application owners and external vendors, providing cyber security and risk management support.
- Maintains good understanding of BCLC's key business services and processes to support accountabilities listed above, and for consideration and input into CyberSecurity program.
- Develops recommendations for secure & compliant solutions, coordinating closely with enterprise teams.
- Continuously develops sharp technical skills, quickly getting up to speed on new technology, trends, types of vulnerabilities, exploits and risks to BCLC's information assets.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of information security policies, standards and procedures, and where needed supports the development of applicable technology standards.
- Provides information on service configurations, accounts and information security practices to auditors and regulators as directed by the CyberSecurity management team.
- Responds to complex requests and handles escalations for major issues.
- A degree or diploma in information security, computer science, or equivalent in a related discipline;
- Information security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM or GSEC, are an asset;
- Technology administration certifications, such as MCSE, CCIE or RHCE, are an asset;
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in information security, computer science, or a related discipline, including management experience;
- Experience assessing the security of applications, such as web, cloud computing, SaaS and mobile, is an asset;
- Experience working with identity & access management applications;
- Experience in security controls and integrations related to Microsoft 365, Azure, AWS, Salesforce or other SaaS implementations is an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and / or experience may be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and document procedures;
- Excellent ability to deal with highly sensitive matters with a high degree of tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize items;
- Excellent with problem solving and analytical thinking;
- Excellent business acumen;
- Excellent ability to manage relationships at all levels with customers, leaders, contractors, vendors and team members to effect change.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and "Instant Win" in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
Ready to join our team? Please Note:
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.