Job Description Summary
The Program Coordinator of Research & Development Operations plays an essential role in supporting the delivery of the goals, milestones and related operational activities to drive results forward for the assigned program. Working closely with the Research & Development program leaders, this role provides program management support in planning, coordinating, documenting and executing tactical operations.
This role focuses on recommending process improvements and facilitation of communications to ensure effective program management for multiple cross-functional team projects of varying scope, budget and strategic importance. This typically includes the use of standard project management methodologies.Job Description Duties & ResponsibilitiesProgram Coordination
- Coordinate and administer the program's day-to-day operational activities including compliance, process implementation, quality assurance and data management.
- Work with the program leaders to prioritize and set the agenda items for recurring program/project team meetings including scheduling and recording of minutes; ensure that clear actions and decisions are documented, communicated and committed to meeting timelines.
- Report on status updates for goals, roadblocks and risk assessment; escalate potential risks, timeline delays, other issues and contingencies to relevant stakeholders. Anticipate gaps and requirements for the project(s) within the program.
- Prepare, distribute and maintain documentation according to company standards and best practices.
- Develop content and deliver presentations as required.
- Compile and analyze performance metrics (KPIs) in consultation with the program team.
- Serve as a custodian for data quality and reporting.
- Implement and maintain best practices for planning and tracking program/project priorities.
- Facilitate communication and ensure transparency / awareness of program progress with cross-functional project teams and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all product development documentation and processes are completed for technical transfer.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Serve as a project resource throughout all phases of the project life-cycle from initiation to completion using standard project management tools and methodologies.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the program leaders and scientists for cross-functional project plans (scope, timelines, deliverables and budget).
- Work closely with the relevant counterparts in other departments to prepare and disseminate project communications to the cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders as needed.
- BSc degree or technical diploma in life sciences preferred.
- 1-3 years of program and/or project coordination experience in life sciences or biotechnology industry preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of coordinating and implementing processes and/or projects.
- Ability to plan and coordinate operational activities of a program; must be able to assess competing priorities and meet operational deadlines.
- Proven organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Productivity tools; practical experience of database management is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with others across functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Team orientated - 'one-team' behavior is a must.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Community and Social Services