Job Description Summary
The Program Associate, Corporate Travel serves as a dedicated go-to resource for STEMCELL employees globally in the areas of travel administration and coordination, providing top-notch internal customer service in support of the company's Global Corporate Travel Program. You will contribute to the corporate program objectives by ensuring global compliance of company policies, supporting the efficient operations and maintenance of related systems and processes, liaising with external travel service providers and helping to continually improve and sustain the program components and service level. This position reports into the Corporate Affairs Department, and works closely with a cross-departmental Travel Committee.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer and coordinate the Global Corporate Travel Program in accordance with the company's travel related policies.
- Provide frontline travel support as a dedicated, go-to resource for business travelers, including but not limited to: resolving travel-booking related issues that arise when employees are using the self-booking tool, answering questions, reviewing out-of-policy requests, arranging local hotel bookings and assisting with technical issues.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times. Maintain and promote professional and courteous employee relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Work with external vendors to resolve technical issues and/or complex travel situations, acting as a primary liaison with the external travel agencies and travel software vendors.
- Communicate processes and policies within the company by maintaining the company's travel intranet site.
- Coordinate and disseminate all company wide travel communications, including travel advisories and notices.
- Deliver travel training to all new travellers on the company's travel processes, booking system and policies.
- Review and process all travel related invoices and credits, and administer the travel employee rewards program.
- Coordinate travel program meetings and maintain meeting agendas. Complete minute taking and minute distribution in a timely manner.
- Recommend continuous improvements, including policy recommendations and initiatives to improve service levels for employees, globally.
- Assist with implementing new tools, software and procedures.
- Maintain the internal filing system for the Global Corporate Travel Program.
- Generate custom reports to allow for analytics; monitor and improve performance metrics.
- Develop dashboards for the Travel Committee and Executive Teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned with quality and efficiency.
- Undergraduate degree is preferred or equivalent experience with at least 4-5 years of administration or customer service experience.
- Experience in the travel industry is required, including knowledge of ticketing, domestic and international travel markets.
- Knowledge of Concur is preferred, as well as other leading industry travel tools. Technically savvy.
- Experience providing excellent interpretive analysis from a wide range of metrics and data. Experience in analytical reporting tools and visualization.
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy; attention-to-detail and excellent record keeping skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with fluctuating volumes and demands. Must be able to demonstrate sound business judgment.
- Ability to identify and implement administrative solutions to increase efficiencies.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to work with all levels of staff, up to C-level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient practical knowledge of Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive