17617 Position Type:
Taylor, BC, Canada Location:
Taylor Pulp Mill Who We Are:
Canfor is one of the world's largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us. The Opportunity
Canfor is currently seeking motivated individuals for Production Employee
positions at our Taylor Pulpmill. This opportunity provides the potential for growth within a fast-paced production environment, and will expose the ideal candidate to different training in various areas of the mill site.The Role
- Ensure safety standards are met by following Canfor safe work and lockout procedures
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in your work area and throughout the mill
- Train and develop skills in various areas of the mill site
- Develop strong working relationships with your peers and production team
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Available to work shiftwork
- Completion of Grade 12/GED AND/OR a minimum of 2 years industrial work experience AND/OR equivalent training (eg. OFA3, grading ticket, trade, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Positive attitude and a self-starter
- Able to work in an environment that may include exposure to weather, dust, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, and noise.
Preference may be given to those individuals with a Level 3 First Aid ticket, 3 rd or 4 th class power engineering ticket, AND/OR knowledge of the pulp and paper process.Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
The picturesque community of Taylor is small but growing and near to BC's Energetic City - Fort St. John, which is only 14 km away. The area's surrounding landscape is speckled with calm lakes and untouched rivers, and is a dream to outdoor enthusiasts all year round. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/fort-st-john Job Segment:
Engineer, Industrial, Social Media, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Energy