The mission of the Creative Design Department is to tell our brand story through the creation of beautiful product that meets customer demandTHE OPPORTUNITY
As a leader in the Creative Design Department, you will be responsible for creating beautiful, elevated collections for our clients to access through our growing Retail and eCommerce channels. You will design full seasonal accessories collections with support from a dedicated team, at a price point that allows you to work with the best mills and factories to ensure your design intent is realized. And, with your valuable contribution to the business in this role, the opportunities are endless " from a rewarding career in Creative Design to continued growth within Aritzia.THE ROLE
As the Senior Design Director, Accessories , you will:
- Ensure the accessories brand vision is aligned with the marketplace opportunity
- Identify external accessories marketplace trends across all relevant Product Elements
- Curate the seasonal interpretation of our brand vision through the lens of our Product Elements
- Ensure that each style executes on the creative vision across all relevant Product Elements
The Senior Design Director, Accessories, has:
- A commitment to learn, apply, champion, and enrich Aritzia's Values, Business and People Leadership principles
- The drive to take on new challenges with the self-motivation for continuous personal and team development
- An ability to set the standard for operations, investing in world-class processes to boost team and business results
- The skills to collaborate strategically with cross-functional partners in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The ability to set clear objectives and inspire the team to reach their highest potential.
- The leadership qualities to design a vision and strategy that motivates the team
- Proven and best-in-class skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in accessories design and the commitment to continuously learn and develop oneself and inspire growth in others
- A dedication to quality and investing in results that add value to the business at all times
- A proactive and entrepreneurial sense of urgency and ability to prioritize important work
- A keen eye for identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
- A deep understanding and commitment for the industry in which we operate
- An industry connector building relationships and bringing learnings in-house
- A key representative of Aritzias brand, aesthetic and style fundamentals while setting trends and influencing culture.
- The driving force behind conceptualization and execution of ideas, designs and/or products that elevate Aritzias brand
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- A-OK Commissary & CafÃ© - Our in-office, world-class bistro and cafÃ©
- The SET - Our in-house gym, with state-of-the art equipment and custom classes
- Employee Assistance Program - 24/7 support, resources, and information available to you and your family
- Aspirational Workspace - Every detail is considered to connect to the energy of the culture
- Dog Friendly Office - Bring your best friend to work
- Amenities - Facilities include private parent's room, bike storage rooms, and shower facilities with complimentary conveniences
- Talent Mobility Program - From out of town? no problem - we offer a highly supportive relocation program
- Competitive Pay Packages - A commitment to performance based pay increases and career progression
- Product Discount - Our famous product discount, online and in store
- Health Benefits - Comprehensive health, vision and dental packages for eligible employees
- Extras - A multitude of other perks like dry-cleaning, hotel and restaurant discounts, self-care promos, on-site medical care and more.
- Health & Safety - Industry-leading health and safety precautions, including on-site screenings, mask and distancing protocols, and cleaning supplies
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.