Product Security Engineer - AWS- Vancouver
Reference ID: 810578
Help us protect not only the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing environment but all of our customers as well! Since 2006, our great team at AWS has been enabling our customers to bring great ideas to life in ways that aren't possible in traditional IT environments. With AWS you can flexibly harness compute, storage, security, and other services from across the globe as your business demands them.
AWS Security is on the cutting edge of many security issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, Internet of things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile devices, virtualization and custom hardware, all operating at massive scale. Similarly, our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member's growth as our business grows.
This position can be located in several locations including: Austin, TX, New York, NY, San Francisco Bay Area, and Vancouver, Canada. Additionally, some international locations may be considered.
AWS Security is looking for a Senior Product Security Engineer to help validate that our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will be responsible for analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues, building security automation, and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios. You will have the opportunity to learn from, and be mentored by, those who are building and securing our cutting-edge services.
A Security Engineer III at Amazon is expected to be strong in multiple domains and provide significant contributions to the AWS IT Security team and to multiple groups throughout Amazon. Security engineers are expected to develop elegant solutions to complex business problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices. You are also expected to mentor more junior engineers and be a security thought leader for the organization.
A Security Engineer III must foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with discordant views. Engineers in this role are expected to participate fully in the planning of the AWS IT Security team's work and constantly seek opportunities for process improvement. They should also have a deep understanding of at least one specialty for which they are a sought out resource (both within AWS Security and by groups throughout Amazon), while having an understanding of the application of information security in a broad range of technical areas.
A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks which may include project and software development work. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties.
• Security reviews for new products and services
• Secure architecture design
• Threat modeling
• Penetration testing & vulnerability research
• Projects and research work as needed
• Security training and outreach to internal development teams
• Security guidance documentation
• Security tool development
• Security metrics delivery and improvements
• Assistance with recruiting activities
• MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with any combination of the following: mobile security, threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, penetration testing, system administration and network security
• 5+ years of working knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Experience implementing security solutions at the business division level
• An understanding of web services, mobile applications, applied cryptography, and penetration testing
• An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
• Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
• Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Posted: March 15, 2019
Closes: May 14, 2019