Join SSI's development team as a Product Owner in Victoria, BC. Represent the customer's vision and enhance products
About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for a permanent, full-time Product Owner to join our development team in Victoria, British Columbia. Reporting to the CEO, the Product Owner represents the "voice of the customer" by bringing a strategic vision to our existing products. Their focus is on maximizing the value delivered to the customer by the development team. The successful candidate will be relied upon to identify, prioritize and manage product requirements, work with customers, management, and other stakeholders, as well as collaborate with the Agile/Scrum team to ensure quality design and implementation of product features.
SSI is a global software company servicing the needs of the Off-shore and Marine industries all over the world for over 30 years. We are proud to offer a fully inclusive culture and workplace welcoming ALL people with relevant skills and experience to our flat organizational structure, working with self-directed teams using Agile Principles as well as our own defined SSI Principles to guide us in our daily work.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for representing the customer's perspective, working with stakeholders to identify and prioritize product requirements, and collaborating with the Agile/Scrum team for quality design and implementation. You will work closely with other Product Owners to align efforts and product focus, as well as with the Client Success team to understand current client challenges and determine actions to solve them. The successful candidate should have a strong analytical mind, be proactive, and be able to provide feedback to the development and technical support team.
What we look for:
- A bachelor's degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 5 years of hands-on experience as a Product Owner or industry experience in Software Product Management, Project Management, or Product Development
- Product-driven focus: able to evaluate priorities and make difficult needs-based decisions
- Collaborative mindset: proven track record of guiding teams and stakeholders towards pragmatic consensus leading to high-value product roadmaps and implementations
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, speaking including public speaking, presentation, virtual meeting, and video recording skills)
- The ability to work effectively with people in stressful situations and maintain positive customer relations
- The ability to work with people from various backgrounds and cultures
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and execute multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work independently towards high-level objectives
- Fluency in English
- The ability to travel internationally
Great to have:
- Professional experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing
- Passionate about and experienced in Agile development methodologies and processes such as Scrum
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Certification
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD systems
Please note: The successful candidate must be willing to work in-person or remotely with teams located in Pacific Time Zone and either be a Canadian Citizen or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit.
About the Benefits
SSI offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full benefits package, competitive wages and profit-sharing, as well as education benefits, self-paced learning opportunities, and the opportunity to work from home on a full or partial basis. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Apply here! Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level
Software and Programming