Lumerical is a leading developer of photonic simulation software – software which enables research and development professionals to predict how light behaves within complex structures, circuits, and systems. Photonics unlocks many possibilities for the world’s most innovative companies who increasingly rely on virtual prototyping to explore new product concepts, optimize designs without creating physical prototypes, and deliver on their ambitious product development goals.
As a product marketing manager, you will be responsible for outbound and inbound marketing of key Lumerical products. Guided by strategic insight, market evidence and intuition, you will determine product positioning and messaging that resonates with our customers and powers our sales team’s success. To thrive in the role, you will need to understand the motivations of our customers and how they decide which products to purchase. You will collaborate with our marketing, technical services and sales teams to develop innovative programs that drive product demand.
- Gather market intelligence to understand our customers, including who they are and their key buying criteria;
- Understand and document our customers’ buying process, including where they get information and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make, and then use this information to drive changes to our sales and marketing processes;
- Understand the industry/markets we operate in and how other companies are positioned;
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders and teams to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target customers;
- Develop a product marketing plan, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers;
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products, making changes as required;
- Plan the launch of new products and release of existing products, and manage implementation of the plan; and
- Support our sales team and reps by training them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users, developing internal tools and external collateral for their use, and teaching them how and when to use those resources
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or marketing;
- Five or more years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research) in photonics, Integrated Circuit design, Electronic Design Automation, multiphysics or other simulation software;
- Experienced social media marketer with tools including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC) III or higher;
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot, Marketo, Eloqua, Constant Contact and Google Analytics;
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills;
- Strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups; and
- A solid writer.
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019