Product Manager- Technical - Video Quality
Reference ID: 744791
AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. We are looking for a Product Manager for Video Quality (VQ) to join our growing team. As we are a video company and VQ is at the heart of what we do, this is a core, dynamic, high-impact, and cross-functional role in a rapidly growing company with excellent opportunities for reputation and career growth.
As the Product Manager of Video Quality, you will be taking on the responsibility to provide our customers means to achieve the best video experience possible, and to win new customers with best video experience. You will also be responsible for keeping us at the top by evangelizing VQ across management, product management, R&D, sales, marketing, and support, and representing us to customers and industry leaders.
• Work with the sales team and customers to identify and gather product requirements. Set short- and long-term development and support priorities. Align market data with R&D team's technical insight to drive remarkable innovation.
• Communicate to Customers, Solution Architect, Sales, Support on codec feature and VQ improvements and win customer's trust. Create marketing collaterals and assets with technical writers, technical marketing, and marketing. Lead shootouts at key customers.
• Develop a VQ competency center and disperse knowledge and skills to the field. Empower Solution Architects, Sales, and Support to achieve successful VQ evaluations and shootouts. Find and recruit video compression and VQ talent to continually improve video organization.
• Work with sales, customers, engineering, support and operations to gather video codec feature and VQ feedback and assess our products' competitive VQ
• Educate Solution Architect, Sales, Support to make sure feature and VQ feedback are entered into issue tracker with actionable details
• Assess VQ issues first-hand (reproduction in lab or customer visits)
• Respond to and resolve customer codec and VQ issues without R&D
• Respond to feedback cases
• Understand customer use case and root cause. Upgrade software / modify configurations to address root cause
• Explain to Solution Architect, Sales, Support, Customers so they understand improvements
• Gather further feedback
• For codec feature and VQ issues requiring R&D involvement, ensure issues are actionable for R&D with symptoms details and reproducible information
• Provide regular updates to the management team.
• Drive cross-functional initiatives as they pertain to codec feature and VQ
• Think and manage strategically while simultaneously rolling up your sleeves to get the job done
• Stay current with industry direction, competitors, open source developments and other standards in the video ecosystem.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years product management and/or business leadership experience in technology context
• 5+ years of experience with video compression standards (MPEG2, AVC, HEVC)
• 5+ years of experience with subjective and objective video/picture quality testing
• Passion for conceiving, designing, building, shipping, and sustaining amazing products
• Experience managing aggressive and dynamic projects, with competing resources and priorities
• Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end product lifecycle with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, and launch
• Proven track record of developing user stories or product requirement documents (PRDs)
• Experience with software development methodologies
• Business mindset with strong technical skills. Software background required
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Proven ability to perform comparative analysis on competing business and technical feature requests
• Prior experience developing a product roadmap
• Experience defining customer facing products and features
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with stakeholders at all level
• Some travel to customer sites will be required
Work location can be Vancouver, BC or Portland, OR
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Posted: January 15, 2019
Closes: March 16, 2019