Do you want to develop a new customer-facing product that impacts all Amazon apps? The worldwide Amazon-branded app Mobile Growth teams, i.e. Amazon Shopping, Music, Video, and Kindle, collectively make significant investments to improve the customer adoption of their apps by partnering with external providers to drive new customers to their apps. The Amazon Shopping app makes the largest investment and therefore takes the lead on behalf of all other apps. The Mobile Shopping Growth team currently has a dedicated software development team that will expand the Paid App Marketing platform, which will impact all the Amazon branded apps.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager-Tech to own product development including product strategy and roadmap development. This includes identifying the customer requirements, building the customer flows and UI, creating product designs, prioritizing the engineering roadmap and implementing product launches by closely working with the development team. The projects include performance measurement platform development through Mobile Measurement Partners (e.g. advertisement click to install attribution), closed loop optimization for customer re-targeting, and fraud prevention product development (e.g., detect and block advertisement frauds) by leveraging internal fraud detection tools (e.g. robot detection algorithm, Unsupervised Machine Learning model, and the Amazon Associate team's fraud prevention service) and 3rd party advertisement fraud detection service. All of your work will impact all WW Mobile Growth teams. From a business perspective, you will have the opportunity to affect both of our key success metrics: mobile app adoption and mobile app engagement.
Key job responsibilities
• Own the working backward process and documents, including PRFAQs for major features, customer pain points and opportunities, and business requirement documents.
• Own the communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams. Ensure that the epics and user stories match the overall business requirements.
• Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
• Create buy-in for the product vision, both internally and with key external partners.
• Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
• Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers.
• Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, legal, privacy, worldwide marketing to deliver on the product roadmap
A day in the life
As the single threaded leader for Paid App Marketing Tech, you will obsess over the best ways to communicate with customers outside of Amazon. You will work closely with the tech team that is dedicated to this effort. You will also work closely with the Mobile Growth Marketing and Analytics team to develop data flows to attribute, optimize, and report on the service investments. You will Think Big by creating PRFAQs of the opportunities and prioritize projects and features for the development team. You will have the opportunity to own a portfolio of products and improve them over time.
About the team
We have a full two-pizza development team (SDM, TPM, eight developers) and an Analytics team (two DEs and a BIE). We are a fun team that collaborates closely and communicates transparently. We look to experiment quickly and 'fail fast' so that we can find the biggest opportunities for customers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• Experience to develop product roadmap strategy, define business and technical product requirements, and manage an end-to-end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience leading cross-functional discussions to execute on product plans and to deliver results
• 7+ years' experience operating and delivering results in a consumer-facing product management rolePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA Preferred
• Experience in delivering mobile products and services in a high growth environment.
• Experience owning product launches in digital advertising or mobile app marketing
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Strengths in problem-solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.
• Comfortable to understand complex advertisement measurement technologies
• Proven track record of successful product ownership and multiple products and feature launches
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Management and Executive