Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Product Manager to be part of the Vancouver-based AWS Serverless Applications service team. Serverless is changing the way that enterprises approach their digital transformation journey and build applications in the cloud. Serverless compute and messaging components such as Lambda, API Gateway, Simple Queue Service, and EventBridge allow customers to focus on their business' core values and build fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, server deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
Love the idea of creating the future of enterprise cloud adoption for millions of AWS customers? Does offering disruptive agility, cost efficiency, and elasticity gains excite you? If you're excited by cloud computing and the enterprise digital transformation, want to help lead from the innovative edge, and have a deep mastery of application cloud adoption workflows, then join us in making AWS Serverless technologies the most successful cloud development solution on the planet!
As the owner of AWS's Serverless enterprise adoption framework, you will be responsible for making the serverless portfolio the easiest platform for enterprises to embark on their digital transformation journey. As a product manager, you will be a critical part of the AWS PM organization that owns the business model, feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for impactful new products. You will work across AWS engineering teams, business development, and marketing leads to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the design and technology leaders of the organization and service teams across AWS to improve the developer experience, scalability and reliability promises, and cost efficiency that delight our customers.
• Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
• Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business Development, and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
• Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers
• Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify partnership and collaboration opportunities
What does it take to succeed in this role? Excited by the scale at which we work and the incredible opportunity serverless technologies represent. Passionate about simplifying complex technology into delightful developer and operator experiences. Obsessed with customers, their needs, and delighting them by delivering quickly. delivering quickly and collaboratively. Someone who possesses a strategic understanding of business goals and is creative enough to help define what we build, with demonstrated experience leading developer facing product efforts. Someone with exceptional verbal communication skills to manage the large degree of external interaction with customers and partners the role needs, and detail-oriented in documenting their analysis of the marketplace, customer requirements, and operational processes.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience defining product requirements and using and metrics to indicate what improvements are made
• 5+ years of experience delivering large scale, cross functional, and complex projects
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, solve problems, and understand tradeoffs
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders, across functions including an ability to effectively communicate with customers as well as business and technical teams
• History of cross-functional teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get complex assignments done
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong quantitative skills with the ability to use and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actionsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or Master's degree
• Project/Program Management Certification
• Experience communicating with senior management
• Demonstrated ability to solve ambiguous problems
• Experience in product, program, and/or project management in leading cross-functional teams in how to continuously improve the business and define what is next
• Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Management and Executive