Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Working as a key member of our Product Management team, the Product Manager will be helping to define product requirements and roadmaps in both networking and endpoint products. A successful Product Manager needs the ability to communicate the values of the products / solution, by providing key use cases, product demonstrations, roadmap presentations, and will work closely with the engineering teams to manage releases and priority features. Above all, the Product Manager needs to be an expert on their products.
The key focus in this role will be the Centralized Management of firewalls which is achieved through FortiManager. A qualified candidate for this role is expected to have experience with similar solutions and coming from similar industry background. Job Requirements:
- Relevant technical product management experience
- 2+ years' experience in the information security or networking solutions space, and solid understanding of the networking & security concepts.
- Experience in technical fields, including networking & security labs, customer NOC/SOC environments, and etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of configuring and implementing technical security solutions (Firewalls, IPS, Antivirus, Antispam, etc.)
- Understanding the layout of the design of the solution and critical thinking are key factors to be successful in this role
- Understanding the business needs of the customer and ability to explain the details clearly during customer interaction and presentations is an integral part of the role
- Strong exposure to user experience design and user research is a plus
- Excellent documentation (report writing) and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and professionalism
- Programming / shell scripting experience highly desirable for product demonstrations & labs (PERL, Python, Java, shell scripts, etc.)
- Curiosity and strong desire to constantly learn
- Self-motivated, detailed oriented, the ability to prioritize task and multi-task
The role is Open to junior level or new grad candidates as well
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- CISSP or CISA certification desirable
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019