Who are we?
At Mustang Survival, we create products that save people's lives. The Mustang Survival brand represents leading edge extreme environmental protection for elite users including rescue workers, coast guard, fighter jet pilots, fishermen, sailors, paddlers, and even NASA astronauts. Our mission is bold, "We Save Lives for a Living", and requires courageous leaders. If you want a career that is challenging, energizing, and rewarding, come join us to push the boundaries of survival technology to deliver the ultimate user experience on the water through inspired technical solutions.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Product Development Engineer for Military and Professional Programs to join our Mustang family who will help create innovative products for our customers. You will primarily be responsible for developing life-saving product solutions based on demanding customer needs and regulatory requirements. If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
As a Mustang Survival Product Development Engineer for Military and Professional Programs, you will:
- Generate product solutions based on customer needs and product certification requirements
- Develop prototypes using new and existing materials and process technologies
- Lead and/or support internal cross-functional teams to design and develop new products from conception to launch
- Develop and execute test plans for new products, processes, or technologies
- Develop, create, and maintain product documentation (drawings, material specifications, assembly instructions, etc.) to support volume manufacturing in multiple facilities
- Coordinate project activities with external manufacturing partners and supply partners
- Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and timelines for both seasonal calendars and contract deadlines
- Provide design and technical support for existing products (change management, failure analysis, trouble shooting, etc.)
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to understand, document, and meet their needs
Your Engineering degree (Mechanical, Materials, Industrial) is supplemented by a minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management or product development. In addition, you possess the following skills:
- Hands-on experience with designing and constructing product mock-ups and prototypes
- Experience with product development from concept generation to manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills, enabling product development discussions with Business Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Marketing functions
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical specifications, standards and drawings
- Ability to manage project schedules and operate within specific deadlines and requirements
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to adapt and work well in a continually changing environment
- Inherent curiosity and take pleasure in problem solving
- Knowledge of waterproof technical apparel is an asset