7Geese is growing and we need a brilliant product designer to help us continue the performance management revolution.
Who we are
7Geese is a fun, ambitious startup rewriting the rulebook on performance management. Our product helps employees, teams, and companies perform their best through continuous feedback, coaching, peer recognition, and OKR goal setting. Established in 2012, we are a mature product in an emerging market, with over 300 businesses worldwide, served by our small (but growing!) and diverse team in Vancouver, Canada. Our office is nestled in the heart of the bustling and historic Gastown.
Why you should join us
- Be heard: Our open management culture encourages you to make your voice heard and allows anyone to take charge of a project and team.
- Enjoy your work, enjoy your life: We offer all our employees competitive salaries, truly flexible work schedules, regular remote working, a generous flexible vacation policy, parental leave and a comprehensive extended benefits plan.
- A product to believe in: At 7Geese we dog-food our own product. We use 7Geese to inform how we educate and develop our employees into rockstars.
- Perpetual learning machine: We dedicate one week every quarter to learning new skills and technologies. We also host weekly lunch and learns. Free food and a show, what could be better?
- Never go hungry: Our kitchen is always stocked with snacks and drinks to keep that brain of yours fuelled and finely tuned.
- Promote and deliver exceptional user experience design from discovery to delivery
- Facilitate continuous improvements to the product as an embedded designer on a scrum team
- Build and test prototypes with internal stakeholders and customers
- Participate in weekly design reviews with the product design team
- Conduct user research to identify gaps and opportunities for new solutions
- You approach problems methodically through design thinking to deliver simple, elegant, beautiful solutions to complex problems
- You thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction
- You have an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- You are receptive to feedback and are excited to learn and share with colleagues
Skills and qualifications
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with SaaS product teams
- Knowledge of UI/UX design best practices, techniques and design processes
- Some post-secondary education or other classic training covering user experience, human cognition and/or user experience design
- Comfortable working independently in a small team
- Experience building prototypes and mockups with modern design apps such like Sketch and Principle
- Experience working in lean, agile teams and companies, ideally as a part of a scrum team
- You already use the same tools and apps we use: Sketch, Principle, Invision
- Experience with setting up, executing, and acting on user validation and usability studies
- Experience using data to measure the impact of your design and iterating
- Experience with designing for mobile devices
Software and Programming