Producer- 10 Month Contract
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a full-time temporary broadcast news producer with a can-do attitude! Someone can put a news show to air, who loves to chase news, and thrives under pressure and deadlines. A strong communicator and storyteller who embraces innovation and new technology. What you will be doing:
What you will bring...
- Line up news shows and take them to air.
- Assign news stories when needed.
- Collaborate with supervising producers for show needs/requirements.
- Find, chase, research news content for multiple markets.
- Write content and vet stories.
- Locate visuals/materials needed to tell the story.
- Support and communicate with field teams (VJs, ENG).
- Complete, vet all production elements needed for air (fonts, graphics, outcues etc.).
- Communicate clearly with multiple markets.
- Deliver for multiple deadlines.
- Work independently.
- Attend daily, weekly content and programming meetings as needed.
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Proven strong editorial judgement.
- Excellent writing skills, with minimum 2 years of experience writing for broadcast.
- Good working knowledge of all technical equipment used in production as well as general understanding of how broadcast news operations work.
- Minimum 2 years television news production experience.
- Automated control room experience an asset.
- Field production experience an asset.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work quickly and independently under pressure.
- Social Media savviness is a must.
- Graduate of a broadcasting or journalism program or equivalent experience
- Must be able to work various shifts including weekends and evenings
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 10 Months
Work Location: 180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 277688
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Vancouver, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Temporary, Research, Technology, Contract
Information Technology Telecommunications