Ekona Power is a Vancouver-based venture established by Evok Innovations Inc. and Innovative Breakthrough Energy Technologies (IBET). Ekona is developing a novel methane pyrolysis platform for low-cost, clean hydrogen production that will serve industrial markets, natural gas decarbonization and emerging clean transportation fuels. We believe this technology will have a significant and positive impact in a world trying to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and address Climate Change.
Who we are looking for:
Our small, dedicated team is looking for a Process Engineer to support our Pulsed Methane Pyrolysis (PMP) process brass-board system development. A successful candidate would have significant experience and knowledge, be comfortable working in a start-up environment, and have a positive, solution-oriented attitude. This full-time position would report to the VP of Product Development but would work with the entire team – marketing & sales, product development, operations, and administration to achieve success. Must be a motivated self-starter with a passion for environmental technologies and making a positive change in the world.
To paraphrase Ernest Shackleton: “Team Member Wanted: for small company, nascent processes, rapidly changing demands and priorities, schedules on the verge of impossibility, always tight on money, failure possible; honour, recognition and financial gain in case of success.”
- Support the design, assembly and testing of lab scale (brass-board) and pilot scale process plants as part of a multi-disciplinary team including 3rd party EPCs.
- Support the development and implementation of process P&IDs.
- Develop component requirements and work with equipment vendors to specify and procure equipment.
- Support process modelling of multi-physics (chemical/thermodynamic) and multi-phase (solid/gas) systems
- Design dynamic high-temperature and high-pressure balance-of-plant systems
- Support the development of plant control narratives, models and control hardware specifications
- Perform plant level mass and energy balance analyses
- Ensure all engineering and design activities are in full compliance with regulations, codes, standards and guidelines as they apply.
- Support and lead component testing and qualification.
- Participate in design reviews and DFMEAs.
- Produce bills of materials and engineering design documentation.
- Work with the existing team to assemble, build, commission and operate integrated. process plants at prototype, demonstration and pilot scales.
This is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to build, not only technology but an engineering organization.
An ideal candidate would have:
- 7+ years of experience in process design and plant development.
- Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Experience in systems operating with flammable gases.
- Experience in with process control system hardware and software (DCS, HMI, PLC, National Instruments)
- Experience in un-steady, high temperature, high-pressure systems design.
- Experience in, or deep knowledge of combustion, pyrolysis and hydrogen systems.
- Skilled in process modelling software such as Aspen Plus/HYSYS, Aspen Plus Dynamics, Pro/II, DYNSIM, CHEMCAD, etc.
- Experience with developing and managing vendor relationships.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with the desire and capability to help build what you have designed
- Strong communication abilities both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to be part of a team trying to build the plane as they fly it.
Ekona Power Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.