January 23, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer, the Process Engineer is responsible for developing a strategy for increased throughput, leading improvement initiatives, and optimizing plant performance. The successful candidate will work closely with Process Operators and Supervisors to optimize circuit performance, analyze process results, and perform process and lab based tests to prove new and innovative technological improvements and system changes. This position follows a 4x4-dayshift schedule. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Be a team player with the common goal of safe production through plant reliability, process reliability and efficiency, and safety by design
- Work with the engineering team to develop a five-year strategic plan to optimize plant performance through automation and technology
- Act as a technical lead for projects in the processing plant
- Monitor and evaluate the quality and quantity of all production, identifying opportunities for improvements
- Monitor performance of individual circuits and systems, and recommending or implementing efficiencies
- Working with operations to ensure best practices are being followed through daily interaction
- Complete other related duties as required
- University degree in Mineral, Metallurgical, or Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline with relevant experience
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or eligible for registration with EGBC
- Preferred minimum of four years of technical experience in a related processing environment
- Working knowledge of process analysis methodology
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with a keen desire to take on new challenges and think "outside the box
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-AK1 Job Segment:
Process Engineer, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Engineer, Chemical Research, Engineering, Science
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...