Closing Date: May 16, 2022
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing coal mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website!
Reporting to the RACE™ Lead, the Senior Process Engineer - RACE™ is responsible for tracking and improving team safety, product quality, plant efficiency, plant throughput, and process automation. You will be a leader in organizational change and project execution.
To be successful, we require someone who has excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is resourceful, organized, and can prioritize contending demands in a fast-paced team environment. Most importantly, you enjoy taking creative risks and influencing others as part of a multi-disciplinary team to improve processes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with diverse equipment, handling dynamic challenges, and you will interact with other departments, gaining exposure to all aspects of our mining operations. You will also have the chance to implement cutting edge technology that will drive equipment performance in new and innovative ways.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Identify and implement procedures and equipment to improve the recovery and efficiency of the process, while optimizing spending
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary department to resolve process issues
- Drive integration and alignment between engineering, operations, maintenance, quality control lab, and contractors
- Build relationships with plant operators to identify betterments and to solicit their experienced input
- Provide coaching on new procedures and change management for projects
- Advise operators and process automation technicians to deliver small and large process automation advancements
- Provide guidance and support to deliver successful initiative outcomes
- Build and sell the business case for capital projects
About Teck Candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum seven years of work experience in a Process Engineering Role
- Eligible for registration or registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC); Teck will support eligible employees with their EGBC registration
- Familiarity working in an industrial environment
- Project management experience with a successful track record of delivering strong project outcomes
- Experience with organizational change and innovation
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Process Engineer, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Chemical Research, Engineer, Engineering, Science