17613 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
Northwood Pulp (BC18) Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. The Opportunity:
Canfor is currently seeking a motivated and experienced leader to join our team as a Process Engineer/Technologist.The Role:
The Process Engineer/Technologist will participate as a member of a cross-functional team providing technical leadership and guidance as follows:
- Reviewing new and existing processes to achieve production, product quality and cost optimization as well as environmental control
- Identifying process problems and limitations through daily inspections, testing and liaison with Production, Process Control, Engineering and Maintenance personnel
- Working with Process Control Engineers to optimize control strategies and minimize process and quality variability
- Recommending economically viable solutions to process problems
- Compiling production and cost reports for the department
- Candidates will possess a degree in Chemical Engineering and are a member of, or eligible to register with APEGBC at least as an Engineer In Training (EIT) (title "Engineer") or have a related diploma from a Technical college (title "Technologist").
- The ideal candidate will also have proficiency with computer-based data analysis tools and process modelling software.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are also necessary as is the willingness to work in a team environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with pulp and/or paper mill experience.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities. Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Process Engineer, Engineer, Social Media, Paper, Sustainability, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, Energy