Job Description Summary
The Process Development Department currently has an opening for a Process Development Associate in the Cell Culture Media group. Reporting to a Process Scientist, the Process Development Associate will support optimization of existing Manufacturing processes and investigate non-conformances that have occurred during production. The successful candidate will also have some experience in manufacturing cell culture liquid media and/or demonstrate knowledge of formulation chemistry. The Process Associate will work cooperatively within Process Development and cross-functional teams to design and execute manufacturing process changes and process improvements.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in identifying, testing, and implementing new processes and process controls for the manufacture of existing cell culture media products
- Assess risk of manufacturing process changes to cell culture media products
- Produce development batches for proof of concept studies
- Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory for pilot scale operations
- Perform root cause investigations and assist in the execution of corrective and preventative actions for non-conformances
- Prepare project proposals and reports, process flow diagrams, production batch records and other documentation
- Assist in the development, analysis and maintenance of product and raw material categorization databases
- Present experimental results at data meetings, clearly communicating conclusions and future plans
- Bachelor's degree with 3-6 years or Master's degree with 1-3 years of relevant industrial experience
- Good problem solving skills with a systematic analytical approach
- Knowledge of STEMCELL's product and process is an asset
- Previous experience and exposure to ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or cGMP quality management systems are an asset
- Understanding of the challenges associated with scale-up and technology transfer is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and document clear, precise summaries of scientific data
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, organized and work well within a team
- Ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and prioritize as this is a dynamic team that comes up with innovative solutions for manufacturing bottlenecks and inefficient processes
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production