Job Description Summary
The Process Development Department currently has an opening for a Process Associate in the Biologics group. The Process Associate will assist, responsible for conducting research and development that leads to efficient, robust, and scalable downstream processes. The Process Associate will work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment with the opportunities to design and execute manufacturing process changes and process improvements as well as to lead development and matrix teams while enhancing our ever-growing biologics portfolio.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Develop and implement scalable protein purification processes (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, etc.) to meet project timelines
- Design and execute downstream process development studies through high-throughput screening methodologies and scale up to the bench and pilot-scale operation
- Organize and interpret results, present to matrix teams and management
- Technology transfer of the developed processes to manufacturing production facilities
- Support manufacturing operations by reviewing documents and/or using technical expertise to ensure successful manufacturing activities
- Author laboratory notebook records, process descriptions and flow charts, process development reports, and other documentation/technical reports as needed for the progression of assets and/or support of non-conformance investigations (CAPA) or regulatory filings
- Present experimental results at data meetings, provide conclusions and future plans
- Analyze data and perform calculations independently, identifying abnormal or unexpected trends
- BSc/MSc with 0 - 4 with relevant industrial experience.
- Basic/Thorough understanding of and hands-on experience with-purification strategies including affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, size exclusion, and mixed-mode chromatography; normal and tangential flow filtration, viral and depth filtration
- Knowledge of upstream process development and analytical sciences/method development is an asset
- Ability to optimize downstream processes for product purity, recovery, impurity removal, and cost reduction
- Experience with scale-up/down process models and concepts
- Experience with high-throughput experimentation and mechanistic modeling is desirable, experience with automated robotic liquid handling systems such as Tecan, Hamilton, etc.
- Sustain a high level of innovative and independent research contributing to platform development and improvement
- Ability to train others on procedures, operations, new technologies
- Experience with authoring technical documents in support of internal investigations or regulatory submissions
- Outstanding communication and people skills, good team player
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment with internal and external partners
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production