Job Description Summary
Are you looking to use your critical thinking skills to solve complex problems at the interface of organic chemistry, material science, and chemical engineering? Grow your biotechnology career as a Process Development Associate at STEMCELL Technologies, Canada's largest biotechnology company!
As a Process Development Associate in the Chemistry team, you will assist in the development and scale-up of processes at the frontier of nanoparticle synthesis and bioconjugation to develop safe and scalable multi-step processes to support STEMCELL Technologies current and future business. You will work in a dynamic and highly collaborative multidisciplinary team which deals with multiple competing priorities, steers efficiently through prioritization challenges, and maintains a strong learning and growth mindset. STEMCELL is committed to continuous improvement and innovative scientific research, and this role is a great opportunity to tackle a diverse range of technical challenges combined with opportunities for growth in a fast paced environment!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Assist with development batch work aimed at increasing product and process knowledge and defining operation ranges
- Operate laboratory, pilot and production scale equipment such as reactors, pumps, heat exchangers, and filtration systems (e.g. tangential flow filtration, TFF) with high attention to detail and accurate batch record keeping
- Assist with process development, scale-up and technology transfer to manufacturing for nanoparticle products
- Produce high quality project proposals, technical reports, SOPs, and product development documents for review
- Analyze data and perform calculations independently, identify abnormal or unexpected trends, and present experimental results at data meetings to clearly communicate conclusions and future plan
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in science, engineering, or a related scientific field
- Experience with chemical and nanoparticle synthesis and characterization techniques and design of experiments is highly desired
- Experience with aseptic processing, as well as operating reactors and tangential flow filtration systems is considered an asset
- Experience working in a regulated production environment (i.e. pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, cannabis) is considered an asset
- Good problem solving skills with a systematic analytical approach
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Management and Executive