Job Description Summary
The Process Development Associate will assist in the development of processes at the frontier of nanoparticle synthesis and bioconjugation to develop safe and scalable multi-step processes for the production of selective immunomagnetic separation product. The ideal candidate will be someone who takes initiative, relishes critical thinking and solving complex problems, enjoys building and nurturing collaborative relationships across departments, and takes pleasure in learning continuously.
Primary responsibilities include identifying potential process improvements, assembling and operating reactor and filtration systems, magnetic separation, designing/testing/debugging process controls, and characterizing process products and intermediates. A strong theoretical grounding in materials science is required, with preference given to candidates with experience in the synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles and other advanced materials (e.g. catalysts). STEMCELL strongly encourages cross-disciplinary teamwork, and the successful candidate will bring experiences and ideas from a variety of fields. STEMCELL is committed to continuous improvement and innovative scientific research, and this role will provide a diverse range of technical challenges for the successful candidate.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of STEMCELL's nanoparticle manufacturing processes.
- Operate laboratory, pilot and production scale equipment such as reactors, pumps, heat exchangers, and filtration systems in the development of nanoparticle synthesis processes and surface functionalization, with minimal supervision.
- Summarize findings and present technical data to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Sample intermediate and final products for the purposes of characterizing nanoparticle physicochemical properties and impact of process conditions thereon.
- Operate analytical equipment and perform calculations and analyze results.
- Support the technology transfer of developed processes by collating data and writing clear and concise technical documents for review (e.g. process development reports, SOPs, batch records, etc).
- Execute experiments to support the continuous improvement of STEMCELL's processes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (3+ years experience) in science, engineering, or a related scientific field.
- Experience with nanomaterial characterization techniques (e.g. TGA, particle sizing, BET, etc.) and design of experiments is highly desired.
- Experience with aseptic processing, as well as operating reactors and TFF flow systems, is considered an asset.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive