19645 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
PG Pulp (BC19) Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. Engineer/Technologist, Process Control - Pulp The Opportunity:
Canfor is currently seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Process Control Engineer/Technologist.The Role:
Anticipate interesting involvement in a broad spectrum of process control functions as you:
- Provide technical assistance and support to your area team
- Review production processes in your assigned area, identifying and correcting problems in conjunction with production and other process control personnel
- Evaluate alternatives and develop process control strategies/recommend best practical solutions to improve productivity, quality and profitability
- Reduce process variability
Keeping abreast of latest developments in your field will also be an ongoing feature of your role, as will be providing written/oral reports, results and analysis. The Candidate:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application no later than 4:00pm PST on October 18th, 2020. The Incentive
- It is required that you will have a strong aptitude for problem solving and creative thinking and have practical experience in an industrial setting. Most likely you will have a degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering (title - Engineer) and you are a member of, or eligible to register with APEGBC at least as an Engineer In Training (EIT) or you have a related diploma from a Technical college (title - Technologist).
- Your greatest asset will be the ability to understand and solve big picture problems by applying detailed solutions through CPL's control systems.
- Your personal attributes include well developed interpersonal and communications skills, a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to work in teams.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities. Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Engineer, Electrical, Social Media, Paper, Controls Engineer, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing