September 27, 2021
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing coal mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website!
Reporting to the Senior Process Engineer - RACE21™, the Process Control Engineer - RACE21™ is responsible for leading process control improvements that drive value. This role involves working closely with the plant electrical department and the Information Systems and Technology group, to guide strategy regarding cutting edge processing systems and technologies. Technologies include process automation, remote operations, thin client Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), optimization systems, machine learning, and operator safety systems.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with outstanding problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills; a motivated self-starter, who can remain organized and prioritize contending demands in a fast-paced team environment.
In this role you will have the opportunity to drive and manage change while owning the outcome of working with diverse equipment and handling dynamic challenges. You will get to interact with other departments, gaining exposure to all aspects of our mining operations. You will also have the chance to work with cutting edge technology that will drive equipment performance in new and innovative ways.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work with a highly technical team with a focus on delivering value and promoting sharing of new methodologies across operations
- Support and build innovation initiatives such as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Internet of Things, and Augmented/Virtual Reality
- Provide design and implementation support to site projects: identify process control opportunities and quantify value; propose, pitch, and manage process control projects; manage external support and consultants; review and define control strategies for engineering projects
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure process control needs are met, and to resolve sophisticated technical problems
- Define, implement, support, and continuously improve groundbreaking systems that optimize safety, sustainability, and efficiency
- Engineering Degree in a related field, with an Automation and Controls focus; Electrical is an asset
- Minimum two years' experience maintaining, solving, and crafting regulatory and advance process control strategies in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Knowledge of Advance Process Control (Pavilion 8); simulation (Matlab, loop tuning software)
- Experience with instrumentation, PLC, HMI, historian, and communications
- Experience in testing and commissioning
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Controls Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering