We're looking for a Privacy Specialist to help inform and develop a world class privacy program at Hootsuite. You'll be closely supporting our Director of Privacy to drive initiatives across the organization and translating complex global privacy laws into practical advice for business stakeholders. We are looking for someone to be based either in Vancouver or Toronto or Remote across Canada. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Help develop and implement global processes to help scale our privacy program
- Provide frontline privacy support to business stakeholders throughout the organization (e.g., product development, sales, marketing, people, etc.)
- Support in the development of privacy related policies, notices and guidance
- Operationalize and administer key privacy initiatives (e.g., improvements to our data retention / deletion policies, PIAs, data inventories, vendor controls, data subject requests)
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders across the world to identify privacy risks and implement business minded solutions
- Develop and deliver privacy training and education initiatives
- Keep informed on global privacy trends and legislation to ensure Hootsuite's privacy program is proactive, compliant and efficient.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish-doesn't give up
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Experience: 5+ years of demonstrated privacy, legal or compliance experience
- Education: Post-secondary education with a focus on legal, risk or public policy matters
- Knowledge: Familiarity and comfort level with privacy laws and principles, including the GDPR; bonus points for IAPP or other privacy certifications or experience working in SaaS / technology.
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Customer Service and Support