The Team: As Amazon Physical Stores team, we're trying to optimize shopping experience for Amazon's Customers in the Physical retail space.
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout-you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you are done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we will charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join our ambitious security program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design to deliver secure product and keep our customer trust.
The Role: Amazon Physical Stores organization is looking for a Privacy Specialist focused on designing and executing a Privacy program across Amazon Physical Stores. Amazon obsesses over securing customer privacy, and continues to invest in ensuring compliance with privacy regulations. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the strategic direction of a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. Responsibilities include:
• Acting as lead expert for Physical Stores Privacy inquiries and initiatives.
• Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues.
• Diving deep into Physical Stores systems to develop a technical understanding of how they work and current privacy and security controls, and articulate compliance implications to relevant teams.
• Consult with legal, accounting, Tax, central privacy , information security, and policy, process, vendor, and application owners to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate privacy risks.
• Driving process improvement and control implementation projects in coordination with the application teams. This may include the resolution of audit findings and the execution of projects originated from internal assessments.
• Socialize and secure commitment for remediation and risk management strategies.
• Develop deep knowledge of the GDPR and data privacy processes and solutions utilized by Amazon.
• Consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
• Prepare other supporting documentation such as executive reporting, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
• Leading projects to implement standards, tools, and processes supporting privacy and security.
• The successful candidate leverages their background in compliance program management, security engineering, data protection, records management, human resources, data governance, and/or data modelling to implement privacy controls across Physical Stores organization.
• Establish credibility and maintain strong working relationships with groups involved with privacy compliance matters (InfoSec, Legal, Business Development, Internal Audit, Fraud, Physical Security, Developer Community, etc.).BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years of experience in an privacy, legal, compliance, audit or risk management role
• Experience implementing privacy frameworks, privacy principles and compliance requirements (e.g. privacy by design, user data protection, COPPA, GDPR, CCPA)
• Proven track-record building Privacy Programs
• 4+ years of experience with implementation of security controls and driving rollout of controls
• Knowledge of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or related fields.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Privacy certifications such as CIPP, etc.
• Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
• Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
• Experience and/or certification in information security and risk management (e.g. CISSP, CISM)
• Experience with cloud security concepts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.